Match Worn Collection

Wellcome to my site where I present the shirts worn by football heroes from Slovenia national team and other shirts from players from all over the world.

What I am collecting:
'Match worn' and 'Player prepared' shirts of Slovenia national team players and shirts from the same players worn in their clubs. I also collect other shirts, particullary from my preferred team Juventus and from players in Slovenia championship.

If you want to swap or buy or sell or just want to share information, you contact me at:
slovenia.match.worn@gmail.com

Thursday 25 August 2011

Muamer Vugdalič, NK Maribor UEFA Champions League 1999/2000


I was searching for this shirt - not for this one but for one from that match. It was unimportant to me from which player. Why? Because i was on that game. But not as a photographer. I was a regular citizen who was watching this match. The only difference between me and the other Slovenian (Maribor) supporters it was my seating. I was on 'tribune centrale Monte Mario' main seating and others were on the highest part of 'Curva Sud'. So, the others were not able to reach the first row - the end of the pitch. But at the end of the match i forgot to go down to the pitch to catch one match worn shirt. So for many years was this one 'bad dream' to me until now. I found this very rare shirt on the web and...now is my collection :) Worn by Muamer 'Piko' Vugdalic, a Slovenian defender (also a member of Slovenia National Team at that time) this shirt is a piece of Slovenian football history. That year was the first for a Slovenian team to play in UEFA Champions League group stage. Nike short sleeve shirt, away version with the Champions league ball patch on a sleeve. Hope to see the CL Ball on NK Maribor (or Olipmpija, the same for me) sleeve as soon as possible. Right today is the play-off 2nd leg match between Glasgow Rangers and NK Maribor for UEFA Europa League. Let's go Maribor.





No comments:

Post a Comment